The International Online Conference “Digital Education 2023” was organized by the Center for Educational Technologies of the Western Balkans in collaboration with partners for the fourth consecutive year in an online format. The conference was held on April 28th and 29th, 2023, with the aim of improving the quality of education through the use of information and communication technologies (ICT).
We continued the tradition of gathering with the desire to exchange knowledge and experiences, to learn about examples of good practice, and to discover the best ways to connect education and modern technologies.
By gathering the educational community in Serbia, the region and beyond, at the international conference Digital Education 2023, we supported employees in educational institutions together with those active in the education sector, to improve their work through the innovative and creative use of digital technologies. Our goal was to connect the world of technology and education to make the best possible use of the opportunities that new technologies provide for education. Our program covered contemporary digital education topics, assessed the benefits of implementation during 2023 and also consider what the education system will look like in the future and what lessons we have learned after this period.
As we are witnessing the rapid changes in the world of technology, this two-day program enabled:
- participants to learn more about innovations, national guidelines and recommendations, and examples of good practice, to connect with colleagues from Serbia, the region and the world, and to empower them to make digital technologies an everyday part of the curriculum;
- presenters who successfully overcome the challenges of today’s circumstances and education in the digital age to share their knowledge and experiences;
- exhibitors to virtually present their technological products and services and communicate directly with conference participants;
- partners to directly meet with employees in the educational system of Serbia and abroad, as well as to network with similar companies.
By connecting the education and ICT sectors and improving our digital competencies, we are preparing children and young people for their future digital work environment.
- Provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge and experiences of employees in education in Serbia, the region, and the world;
- Get acquainted with innovative practice, teaching methods, and application of ICT tools in education;
- Identify possible recommendations for policy and practice in this area;
- Ensure the connection and participation of all those active in education in the digital age;
- Recognize the best examples in education during distance work in conditions when teaching in schools is disabled.
Digital Education 2023 topics covered use and application of information and communication technologies at all educational levels:
- preschool education
- primary and secondary education
- higher education
- inclusive education
The international online conference “Digital Education 2023” is organized by the EdTech Center Western Balkans in cooperation in with the Ministry of Education, the Institute for the Improvement of Education, the Institute for Education Quality and Evaluation, and the Loop Foundation. This years Golden Partners are Oracle Academy and the UNICEF Serbia Country Office with the support of the Yettel Company and Microsoft Serbia.